Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Matter of Perspective


It's about a week before April 5- our official date of departure for our Cebu Psychiatric Affiliation, I suppose this is a rite of passage for every nursing student all over our country, but somehow the dreadfulness of anticipating the heavy workload weights a lot on me. I can't remember the last decent break I had. We have been working like maniacs since the first semester of 2007- and now, 3/4's of the way I am beginning to feel the strain.

Everyone tells me to just endure- and I am truly willing to do so. It's just that... I'm tired. Really tired- bone tired, in fact. Perhaps a change of perspective might do me good- I'll look at this as an incredible opportunity to learn. This is a chance to still work on my GWA to (hah!) run for latin honors.

After the two week exposure, we return to Tacloban for a week-long intensive lecture on Communicable Diseases, followed by another week in the community (as in we are going to live there!). The summer is capped by another week of hospital duty, before classes begin June 3 for the first semester of senior year. Whew!

I hope God will give me good health and enough strength to face the challenges ahead. Perhaps I just need to take it one day at a time if it all proves to be too much.

Not only will I look at the glass half full- it's 3/4's full!! I offer the following semesters (our senior year) to my Mom who was a good nurse, a great person and the best mother to us, also to N. who supports me every step of the way while allowing me to decide on my actions, and of course to our Lord. I hope I would, in time, be able to give back all the goodness you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment